Saturday, January 11, 2003

The Orientation Camp 2003 falls on today.

The Councillors were supposed to arrive at 6.45 a.m. The Secondary Ones were supposed to assemble at 7.00 a.m. Unfortunately, both parties were late. Therefore, we went straight into the station games instead of playing the introductory game, which involved blindfolds.

My duty for the station-game segment of the camp was simply to patrol the school. In the end, I ended up being the "extra" at my original station, The Jedi Force.

The Mass Games were the best segment of the whole camp. (It always have been like this.) It was a time when we would all get wet and dirty. One of the obstacles created by the Councillors was one in which students would have to crawl on groundsheets with soapy water. As an "added bonus", Ding Zhi, another Councillor, added mud to all the water. When the Secondary Ones were past the obstacles, the Councillors started to sabotage one another by smearing mud and pouring mud water on people. Ding Zhi, for a change, was sabotaged by most Councillors. I got a smackful of mud on the right side of my face and bits of mud on my clothes. Not to mention all wet.

After the wash-up, all of us gathered in Hall 1 for the cheer session and the prize-presentation ceremony. The Secondary Ones were rather enthusiastic, unlike on the first two days of the school. This batch of students was the most enthusiastic batch I have seen in my three years at Nan Hua. They deserve more than 55 claps.

When I reached home, I took a long shower to clean myself thoroughly. Couldn't risk bringing in germs to the house. Alright, it's late now and I gotta go have some sleep. Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home