Saturday, March 08, 2003

I'm involved in ushering duty at an event today. It's called Teen Quest 2003, and it is a joint project of the South West CDC and Nan Hua Secondary School. The theme is "eXperience".

The Councillors going assembled in Canteen 2. Ding Zhi handed me the blazer that he helped me to borrow (I had to rush off after school yesterday, so I didn't borrow). We went to the venue, Jurong East Sports Complex, by bus.

Our first ushering job was to usher the students and teachers of the schools attending today. Ushering is a matter of taking initiative; there was a Secondary Two Councillor beside me who didn't know this point. Now he does.

The event was a fun one, but it became drastic towards the end. See, the event was divided into three phases. The last phase was the Grand Finale, where representatives from 5 of the 12 schools attending will play life-size Snake & Ladder to try and win. Eventually, it took so long that the positions were decided by last-minute dice rolling. (For the record, the dice can continue spinning for a few minutes if it likes.)

When the event was finally over, big rain came. Rain so big almost every student who attended were stuck at the complex. I had an umbrella, but I still got drenched. Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home