Saturday, August 23, 2003

The clock struck 12.00.00 am.

A new day has begun. And we are still making the Teachers' Day gift. From midnight onwards, people began to yawn and take short naps. I slept from 2.30 am to 3.30 am. Most of them went to bed at 5 something.

When morning came, so did breakfast. Ms Ang bought roti prata for all of us. After that, most people went off for their activities for the morning - CIP, CCA, helpers for Sports and Fitness Day (which happened to fall on this very day). Only Kegan, Fiona and I were left to move all the things in Room 1-4 back to the Student Lounge. There, we made a few more windmills before Kegan slept for 2 hours and Fiona, after wrapping prizes for the concert items, went to sleep too. I only felt a little bit tired, but not so tired as to fall asleep right there. I was also a little pissed off that we didn't manage to follow the programme for the morning. We were supposed to finalise the order of events for the Preliminary Rounds for Teachers' Day concert items, but in the end we did it at only 11 something. During their sleep, Xin Jie and later Edwin came along.

The Preliminary Rounds came afterwards. There were a total of 20 performances for the day, each not supposed to exceed 6 minutes. However, it was a little messy. Kegan was the emcee for the day, Edwin was the stage manager, Wei Loong and I were considered assistant stage managers. There were not many major problems, except for the part when the bands from 3/10 and 5/2-4/6 combined had to set up their equipments and adjust the sound and all. This took an extremely long time. Other than that, some teams wanted to shuffle their order, some to the front and some to the back. The whole event ended at 4.30 pm. With that, the Protem camp also came to an end. I guess the rest were so tired they decided to push the debrief to next time. Dismissed, we went home.

But that's not all. The moment I reached the bus stop on the way home, a thunderstorm suddenly brewed. Time was around 4.40 pm. It was the strongest and most ferocious I had seen. Heavy rain fell, lightning could even be seen sometimes, and big winds blew the rain into the shelters. I even thought a tornado was coming our way. In all this mayhem, I missed my bus and had to wait for the next one. When I reached home, the rain had subsided a bit, but the lightning continued.

Strangely, I wished there could be another round of heavy rain with wind, but with no thunder and lightning. But one thing's for sure: I wish there could be more camps. It's not only fun; it fosters greater friendship between the participants. Not to mention it's tiring, but who cares? I don't.

PS: It was around 8 pm tonight that I felt really tired and sleepy. Before that I thought it was a Friday in school, and I had a good sleep the previous night. I slept at 8.10 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home