Friday, August 29, 2003

Finally. The day we've all been waiting to end.

We (we being the Protem committee) left our classrooms after the Reading Period. We met in the Student Lounge where final preparations for the celebrations later. I would be found furiously tearing up the Bingo cards. (No, not tearing them up as in destroying them.) By 9.30 am I moved everything needed for Bingo up to Hall 2. Tables and chairs flew into position in the Hall. By 10 am we were ready to begin.

The Lower Secondary students were the first to play the games. They were more spontaneous and forthcoming. I enjoyed playing with them. Being the host, when I saw this response, naturally I felt happier and I was determined to make it a good game.

When it was time for the switch of activities, we worried that the Upper Secondary students would make the game horrible. They didn't - in fact, none even came. For the first few minutes, anyway. Some did come later - to play badminton in the hall. Other than those, there were people who came to play, but the response was not as good as with the Lower Secondary. At 12.30 pm, we cleaned up the hall as the other students cleaned up their classrooms. Debrief was at Hall 1. Originally what followed the celebrations was supposed to be the voting of the future President and Vice-President of the 11th Student Council, but that was pushed back to Tuesday as Mrs. Lim knew all of us were tired.

After that, Kegan and I searched the whole school for a missing walkie-talkie. We gave up and I headed home at around 3 pm.

At 6.10 pm, I reached West Coast Park. Michelle and Clarence had organised this class outing cum camp. Only a few were staying overnight at the park. I wasn't one of them. Dinner was pizza. For the night, we climbed the pyramid to the halfway net and sat there while we shared stories, be it ghost stories or jokes. The pyramid was the noisiest spot of that night. I went home at 9.30 pm with 4 other guys, but separated with them just outside the park.

I wish for more outings, be it class or Councillor or ELDDS...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home