Friday, September 05, 2003

Tonight was the night. The Mid-Autumn Festival Celebrations organised by our school was a blast. (With a little hiccups, that is.)

The event started a little past 7.30 pm. My role tonight was to usher the guests up and down the stage, and also to recite the English version of "Chuan Deng", loosely translated as "Passing On The Light".

During the Indian dance, I was asked to speak to a reporter from Friday Weekly. Scary, nerve-wrecking...whatever you want to call that experience. The reporter ended up thinking of the words for me (they described my thoughts and feelings...I wasn't good on expressing my thoughts in Chinese).

The highlight of the night was the "Passing On The Light" ceremony. It symbolises the passing down of the Chinese tradition from generation to generation. After eating a few more mooncakes, I went home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home