Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Today was hell for me.

I went to Clementi Central's Bengawan Solo Cake Shop at around 9.45 am. I was a tad early. I've asked Sharlene to meet me there once her A Maths lessons were over to buy a birthday cake for Ms Ong, the ELDDS teacher. When she arrived, it was already 10.20 am, 10 minutes before the ELDDS session was to begin today. We quickly bought a chocolate cake and took the bus back to school.

We were late all right, but Ms Ong wasn't even there yet. We told all the ELDDS members to hide. We were going to give Ms Ong a surprise. Surprise we did give, and the birthday song we sang. Later, I ran out of the room to get my bag from the canteen. I was running so fast that when I reached a turn, I couldn't stop in time.

Then hell began.

I skidded along the slippery floor (there wasn't any water) and fell, hitting my head on the corner of the pillar. I was bleeding like I never had for years. A teacher came along, and a few seconds later there were like 3 to 4 teachers around me. I pressed a cloth (don't know what you call that) to the right side of my head, which was where the blood was coming from. The ambulance came after my wound stopped bleeding, and I was sent to the hospital.

Apparently I had a 1.5 cm laceration on my right parietal scalp (in medical terms). The moment we reached the hospital, my father was waiting at the entrance already. Coincidentally, my parents were at NUH because my mother had an appointment for a check-up at the hospital. I was wheelchaired to the Children's Department or something like that (because I was under 16 years old). The only injured part of me was my head; the rest of my body was still functioning properly.

The doctor, Dr. Wong, sewed up the laceration with 4 stitches. I was told that there will be a permanent scar on my scalp. After that, I had to stay at the place for a few more minutes before being given the approval to leave.

I felt so guilty (no, not that Blue single) for making so many people worried...so guilty...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home