Monday, December 01, 2003

3o1o3 Class Chalet (Day 1)

Finally, after so many weeks of struggling, today came.

I first met up with Zhi Yuan at Bukit Batok MRT Station. After he went off and came back with butter and garlic spread for the BBQ tomorrow, we set off for Bedok MRT Station, seeing Samuel on the train from Jurong East to Bedok. Xianglong and Fang You were already at Bedok MRT Station when we arrived at around 2pm. Slowly more and more people arrived until the most important arrived 5 minutes late: Shifang, the only person in our class who is over 18. We booked the chalet under his name and he had to be around to check-in. We exited the MRT station, hoping to catch the shuttle bus to the chalet, when we realized we were a bit too late: the bus was already full. In the end, we took bus no. 31 to the stop in front of Mandarin Gardens and walked to the chalet.

We arrived at the Entrance Hall of Costa Sands Resorts (East Coast), a bit wet due to the drizzle. We checked-in (I was surprised we didn't need Shifang's identity card to verify) and received the key to room B1 (for this entry and the next two, room B1 will be referred to as the House). Walking through the jungle of chalet rooms, we arrived at the House which was just next to a side gate to the outside. I had a little trouble opening the door, but I did manage it.

The House was 2 storeys high (which was what we booked). The first storey consisted of a living/dining room (to be referred to as the Hall), a toilet and a shower room. The Hall consisted of two tables (one round, one rectangular), with items like a telephone, an electric jug and cups placed on the rectangular table. There were a few chairs and stools around the tables. The TV was mounted high on a TV rack above the refrigerator. The sink and tabletop (for placing food perhaps) sat below the windows.

The stairs led to the second storey, a.k.a. the Bedroom. There was a queen-sized bed and two bedside tables in the air-conditioned room. Two more single "mattresses" were pulled out, with bedsheets to cover them (although in the end the bedsheets were doubled as blankets).

Once I stepped into the Hall, the first thing I did was to place the two boxes of chicken wings I brought for the BBQ into the fridge. We checked out the House for a while, with me soaking in the coolness of the Bedroom.

Some people went out later at around 4.30pm. I myself walked to McDonald's later, trying to find them there. I realized for myself how long it took to walk to McDonald's. Seeing the canal only meant you've completed one quarter of the way. When I finally reached McDonald's, I was sweating but saw no one from 3/1 (or so I thought, as I might have realized later...). Walking back to the chalet in the threatening weather, I met up with the guys who were in the House when I left. I walked with them back to McDonald's, where we saw everybody having a little supper. I bought McNuggets and a cup of Coke, wolfed the former down and ran out with the rest to play bowling just next door. Here I found one of my new addictions: bowling. I was improving with every throw (well, most of my throws). Kegan (one of the bowling champs in our class), James, Zhi Yuan, Tania, Kuan Yee, Juliet, Veronica and Pei Ying played too.

After the games, James and I walked back to McDonald's, thinking the rest were going to have dinner (the time was 6.40pm). I used one of the coupons my mum left in my wallet to buy a McDipper Meal and a McChicken burger at $5.70. James bought a Filet-O-Fish meal. We then walked back through the drizzle. We had dinner in the Hall while watching Moon Fairy, the latest serial to premiere on Channel 8.

The rest of the gang came back when Moon Fairy was almost finishing, bringing back dinner from 7-Eleven. I headed to the Bedroom when the girls decided to watch Comedy Nite 2003. Originally thought to be totally taken by the gals, what with almost all of the gals throwing their belongings in the room, both guys and gals hung out in the Bedroom. Some people played daidee, a game played with poker cards, and the ever popular mahjong. If this wasn't good enough for anyone of them, they could head downstairs and play on the PlayStation Xianglong connected to the TV. It was later in the night when I finally learned how to play mahjong.

Some people left in the night (Kegan, for instance), while some arrived in the night (the list included Clarence, Michelle, Quan Ming and Wee Cheng). We played and played and played into the night...

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home