Tuesday, December 02, 2003

3o1o3 Class Chalet (Day 2)

We played well past midnight. Like any other chalets, the first night is never sleeping time. Even if I tried, I could only fake sleep. (That's when I close my eyes, loosen my muscles and try not to move even with the slightest provocation. In other words, pretending to sleep.) The lights went out at around 2am, but even then they weren't sleeping yet. Ghost stories and dirty jokes filled the room. Not able to turn in, I went downstairs. Some people were still playing PlayStation. I tried to sleep, but couldn't. By 4am most of the people in the Bedroom should have been asleep.

After brushing my teeth at around 6.30am, I headed out to McDonald's at sunrise to get breakfast. I bought a Big Breakfast meal, after which I headed back to the House, where I hopped into bed at around 7.30am. This time I did sleep, and I woke up again at around 9am. Most of the others were up already, and I believe they were either cycling or roller blading. Me? Didn't know whether I can cycle with the wound on my head, and didn't know (and don't want to know) how to roller blade (to find out more, rewind to June 19th's diary entry). Kegan also came around that time, so I took his CD album and listened to Stefanie Sun on Zhi Yuan's CD player a.k.a. Zhi Yuan's darling.

Had cup noodles for lunch, then headed back to the Bedroom to watch others play. I slept again for another hour, waking up at around 3.15pm.

At 4.30pm, while most people went to the beach to play volleyball, I went looking for the place to book BBQ pits. Walking around in the rain, I had to resort to calling the number given on a phamplet to enquire about where to book BBQ pits. I went to the Fishing Pond, then to the BBQ Kiosk (just next to the Entrance Hall) when I told the man behind the counter I needed a receipt. I tried to get some guys to come over to help me carry the things (a large-sized BBQ pit, a corresponding sized wire mesh and stands) back to the chalet. Actually, come to think of it, I could have carried it myself.

We set up the BBQ pit in front of our chalet and began heating up the pit by putting charcoal and fire starters. We sent a few people to get some other equipments we needed. A long time later we began BBQing the first chicken wing. It took another long time, and when it was done, Veronica (who was cooking the food) and a few others found it good. My mother ought to be proud of herself; she marinated the chicken.

Besides the chicken wings there were also cocktail chicken sausages, bacon strips, otah, garlic bread (simply bread with garlic spread) and potatoes. I didn't eat many chicken wings, but I had quite an amount of sausages, bacon and one quarter of a potato that was uncooked, despite the fact that it was steaming.

After that meal (time was around 10pm), Zhi Yuan, Tania and Juliet were going to be leaving, but not before another game of bowling. So the three of them, Kegan, Abraham, Delia, Michelle and I went along. Once their game was over, Kegan, Abraham and I played one game together. This was the game where I did my first spare, my first strike, and my score for this game, 83, was my best record thus far.

The only mistake was coming here before midnight; from 7pm to midnight, the cost for each game per person was $1 more expensive than that from midnight onwards.

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home