Saturday, December 20, 2003

Today is the moving day.

I entered the new campus first at 6.50am to prepare for the Symbolic Move. At around 7.30am, word reached me that Shao Ming was down with a high fever today, which meant a substitute is needed to carry the state flag. That person (me) went back to the old campus quickly to look for Ms Wassan.

I had to wait for Shao Ming's blazer, which was with Wei Loong, who has not arrived yet. Back in the Student Lounge, Kegan was in his long sleeve shirt (he will be carrying the school flag), and the other Councillors were walking around. Wei Loong was still not here when we gave out the class tags to the Councillors.

He only arrived at around 8.07am. I quickly took the blazer and tried it out. Size 30, it fitted Wei Loong, not me. So turned out Wei Loong will be the substitute for Shao Ming in the end. Quickly, we moved to the Parade Square, where the students and the CCA contingents were starting to form up. After doing what I needed to do, I headed to the back of the CCA contingent on the right with Edwin, getting ready.

Basically whatever happened next were what we rehearsed in the previous days, except for the position of some of us as a result of Wei Loong's substitution. We crossed the road, reached the gate and opened it. The lion dancers pranced across the line marking the entrance into our new premises, then moved swiftly up the slope to the new Parade Ground.

After the singing of the National Anthem, the recital of the Pledge and the singing of the School Song, we all became a little relaxed and informal. With a school cheer that must have sounded for at least a 1km radius, the event ended and it was refreshment for the guests and VIPs. Jane and I served the drinks, but we had work to prevent students from drinking those; there was orange juice from McDonald's at another corner. When everything was over, we took a group photo before packing our things and heading back to the old campus to get our belongings to go home.

Back in the old campus, after returning cones and posts used for the event, I headed back to my old classroom to take down our class banner (Symbolic Promotion). I tied it up and brought it back to the Student Lounge, where the other Councillors were. By 1pm, only Kegan, Shu Zhen and me were left singing at the top of our voices. I went home for lunch, but realized I forgot to bring back the banner...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home