Monday, January 12, 2004

I had beef spaghetti for recess.

Is that important? Oh it is, yes it is very important.

Towards the end of Chinese lesson (which is just before lunch period), I started to have a stomach ache and I felt nauseous. When I went down for lunch, I drank Vitagen, thinking it was probably indigestion. I joked to Kegan that I felt pregnant.

Towards the end of lunch period, it got worse. I went to the toilet, trying to vomit. I went back to class, only to leave at the start of the CME period to try to vomit again. I heard the news that a few girls from my class were also vomiting.

Clarence came to the gents and stayed with me. A few minutes later, I vomited a bit. After another few minutes, I came out to breathe some fresh air. Chairs were lined up outside our classroom, and a few of my female classmates were sitting there, obviously unwell. I was conscious enough to hear that these classmates also had spaghetti for recess. Towards the end of the 1st CME period, Miss Ng (teacher-in-charge of SJAB) came and decided that we were too unwell to continue lessons. Our parents will be called and we will be brought home.

As I started to walk towards the lift with Clarence and Abraham carrying my belongings, I bent down to the side and puked.

I started walking when I felt a little better. We took the lift down and walked to the General Office, where I flopped out on the sofa. It seemed that there were other victims, and all had spaghetti during recess. I just laid there until my father came. He took me by my arm and pulled me to the waiting cab. Just before entering the taxi, I vomited again, this time into the drain.

We went to the Children’s Department of NUH. My stomach ache was getting worse, and I was feeling nauseous all the time. After a bit of a wait, my blood pressure was taken and I was asked a series of questions, one of them being what I had eaten. After another bit of a wait, I was given an injection to stop the vomiting. I felt a lasting pain at the site of the injection, and I started to feel drowsy. It was another long wait before I was brought into the room. I lied on the bed and soon fell asleep. I woke up again, and I fell asleep again.

I opened my eyes again at around 5.30pm. I felt a bit better. I drank a white medicine, after which I went out and sat on the sofa. I was still feeling quite drowsy. When it was time to leave, I stood up shakily. My eyes opened and I saw blackness, nothingness. I heard voices here and there. I lost my sense of direction. When I could see again, I was back on the sofa. It was a scary moment. I thought I was fainting, or worse, dying.

I was wheeled out of the hospital to the taxi stand. On the taxi ride back home, I accidentally vomited in the taxi. I had wanted my father to just give the driver a $10 bill and leave the change, but my stingy father gave him the exact value and went out of the taxi, muttering about why he should be compensating the taxi driver.

When I reached home, I had a bit of porridge, bathed quickly, had a bit more porridge and went to bed. I woke up again at 10pm to eat some more and have my medicine. I slept through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home