Friday, January 30, 2004

Right after school, there was a trial run for tomorrow's Homecoming event. Some Councillors were involved as ushers and 'tour guides' for the ex-students. It was a bit of rush for Crystal and I, because both of us were involved in the mock debates coming right up during ELDDS today. (Yes, from this year on, ELDDS is scheduled on Wednesdays and Fridays.)

Rushing to the Drama Studio, I took no time in going to my seat behind the Proposition's table (my debate was first). So the debate went on. My team lost, but I was praised for my reply speech. The second debate was also quite good, even with a few new faces in debating.

At the end of the session, the school debating team (which I am a member of) received the motions for the first preliminary round of the Singapore Secondary Schools Debating Championship (SSSDC). Our motion was "This House believes that sportsmen caught taking performance enhancing drugs should be banned for life", and we are on the Opposition. We planned for a mock debate next Thursday, where Crystal, Cheng Rong and Abraham – the three people who will be speaking – will be Opposition and Xiao Thong, Xian Yin (who's not a member of the team) and I will be Proposition. Well, that's it for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home