Friday, February 20, 2004

Right after school, the debaters met in 4/3 for the mock debate. The win, of course, went to the other team.

After we had our lunch, I rushed off to MacRitchie Reservoir. The rest were taking a cab, but I didn't want to spend so much money on travel. I was able to reach the venue for the school's Annual Cross Country Race on time.

The Secondary 1s went first, followed by Secondary 2s. While the Secondary 4s were doing their warm-up exercises, news came that there seemed to be a problem with the Secondary 3s, thus causing them to be flagged off much later. By the time the Secondary 4s headed to the starting line, no fewer than 30 Secondary 1s and 2s were back already.

We were flagged off, me right in front of the starting line again. I ran with all my heart for the first few hundred metres. Then I slowed down because my legs were starting to get tired. Nevertheless, I continued in a half-run-half-walk manner for the rest of the 4.8km length.

I crossed the finish line. I was delighted to learn that I was placed 48th among the Secondary 4 boys. That was my personal record. I dragged my feet to look for Milo, but they were snapped up by the Lower Secondary students, whom I heard even filled their water bottles with Milo. I still found myself two bottles of mineral water, which I gobbled up greedily.

The Prize-Presentation Ceremony followed. Juliet was in 8th position in the Secondary 4 Girls category. Thanks to the girls from our class, we emerged as the Secondary 4 Girls Class Champion as many of them finished in the Top 50. We were then dismissed, and 4/1 went home victorious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home