Saturday, October 23, 2004

Went to Anglo-Chinese Junior College's (ACJC) Open House this afternoon. I met Kegan, Veronica and gang at the main lobby, where a dance performance had just ended. Forgetting about the goodie bag (which seemed only to contain an ACJC folder with ACJC information, a few pieces of papers and an M1 notebook), I followed the people up to the Hall on Level 2 where the CCA Exhibition was held. I excused myself from the group to watch a mime being performed in one of the LTs we passed by and left the room after the performance had ended and a guy began to talk about the Arts faculty. Sorry, I'm interested in drama, not the Arts faculty.

Later, I returned to the Hall in search for the Drama Club booth. Sure enough, I found it beside the Debating Club's booth. I chatted with one of the gals there about what the Drama Club in ACJC does, and I'm quite impressed by them. One of their productions (looked like a musical) was airing on their TV.

After that, I rejoined Veronica's group and we went to watch the Symphonic Band's performance in a LT or auditorium (don't know which it is) and the String Ensemble, Harp Ensemble and Choir's performances in a Viewing Gallery which faces the running track. I enjoyed all their performances.

We then walked a bit to the ACJC Sports Complex. The ground floor is pretty much an open space (with pillars) where the Table Tennis Club members were playing there. There was also a SuperGym occupying one side of the ground floor. On the second level was the swimming pool and the badminton courts. Water Polo Club members were playing water polo in the pool, and the group, mainly made up of girls, sat down to watch. After what felt like ages, we moved to the air-conditioned badminton court where we looked for a while and went home after that. My only regret was not finding out more about the school; it felt as if I had just stepped into the campus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home