Saturday, December 04, 2004

I went to the kitchen to eat supper a few minutes past midnight. By then the adults had put out a few mattresses on the floor in the living room to make a very big bed. I slept at around 2am and woke up at about 7am.

We'll be celebrating grandpa's birthday tonight. During the day I went out with my parents, two other relatives and grandpa to a few places to get the stuff and food for the buffet tonight. We went to a wet market for chicken, a sundry shop that was almost like a hole dug in the ground beside a road for some other stuff, Super Cowboy for some utensils and Bintang Shopping Centre for the rest. It beats sitting on the sofa and watching the same VCDs over and over again, even when the show isn't too bad. But eventually that was the programme for the rest of the afternoon when we're not out and the adults are busy cooking in the kitchen.

Eventually the tables were set up in the living room and the food were ready by 7pm. There were fried beehoon, fried noodles, sausages, cuttlefish balls, prawn balls, agar agar, French fries and more. Our neighbour cum relative also contributed fried chicken wings. I started eating after more relatives started to show up (some of whom I've never seen before). I had two big servings and a drink and then just walked around the courtyard outside.

After having one more serving of food, my parents and I went to my second aunt's house in Tampin in her car with her children. We slept at midnight in the couple's air-conditioned room while they slept in another room.

To be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home