Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Lessons as usual in the morning, though I was feeling a bit sick. Later, I saw Yen Nee in the canteen and walked with her to the library to meet her new found friends, also from Malaysia, two of whom are also intending to join ACSian Theatre.

At around 2.15pm we left the library for LT1 where the ACSian Theatre would be having their first club meeting for J1s. After a short briefing for the J2s so that they can go off to study, the J1s were introduced to the stuff ACSian Theatre did in the past 2 years. The meeting ended way ahead of the 4.30pm as was told to us, but we would have to come back at 5pm later for movement auditions if we want to be considered for Camelot, one of the ACSian Theatre's two major productions in the year 2005. During the wait we walked a short distance with Yen Nee's Malaysian friends to their hostel at ACS (I) before coming back and just hanging around.

5pm soon came and it was time for the auditions. We did a 20-minute warm-up sequence which almost tore all the muscles in my body (consequence of not being that active in the past months). After that the dance choreographer arrived and we wasted no time in learning the dance. What was difficult was that the dance was 10 times more difficult and vigorous than the orientation mass dances and we had to learn it in 2 hours, a few times shorter than the few days we were given for the orientation mass dance. I was in group 1 for the audition and I went first with the rest of group 1. My first round was okay; I didn't forget my dance steps. The second time (we had to do the dance routine two times) I forgot some of my steps. Hopefully that didn't affect my results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home