Friday, January 14, 2005

Normal school day in the morning. We also received our timetable for the rest of the 3 months at least, i.e. lectures, tutorials, practicals and PE lessons. Since I'm taking 4 subjects plus GP and Chinese, my timetable (or should I say, 1SA1's timetable) is fully packed till the dismissal time of 4.30pm (except for Wednesdays, when we're dismissed early for CCAs). For PE lessons, 1SA1 would be doing land games for the first 5 weeks, after which we'd be doing swimming I suppose.

I went home after school to give myself a little break before heading back to NHSS at around 5pm. This year the Sec 1s have the very first overnight Orientation Camp held in NHSS and most of the Exco11 are going back to stay overnight with them. I arrived at NHSS at about the same time as Wei Loong, Meisi and Li Xian (the latter two won't be staying overnight). When we stepped into the canteen, student leaders were preparing for dinner while the other students sounded like they were in the Hall. Out on the field some more people are getting ready for the campfire at 8pm tonight.

Later, as the Sec 1s streamed into the canteen for dinner Shao Ming and then Kegan came. Since I already had dinner at home I didn't sit in to eat with them. We just walked around the canteen until the Sec 1s finished dinner at around 7.45pm, after which they walked out onto the basketball court and then into the field. Shao Ming, Kegan and I were about to get very high for the campfire (having gone through the JC campfires in our respective JCs), but I personally felt the campfire was a little less energetic than the one in ACJC. Have to forgive them; they're still Sec 1s after all.

But later when the emcees invited class 1/1 to present their item for the campfire, I went back to the canteen. 5 Cavalon items during the ACJC campfire already almost became tasteless, and now there are gonna be 12 class items. I joined the seniors who graduated in 2003 in the canteen where they were chatting. Soon more 2004 graduated seniors joined the group when they started to play logic games and got my brain totally working like hell.

After the campfire came the night trail, organised by the ELDDS. Most of the ELDDS members showed up to lead the classes and occasionally scare them out. In the end it was mainly the girls who got creeped out. Unfortunately the item had to be canned halfway when there was a huge delay in the classes walking the night trail, causing the programme to stretch past 12 midnight and residents to complain about the noise made. After gathering in the canteen for a short debrief, the Sec 1s were sent off to bathe and go to bed, the girls in the hall and the guys in classrooms on Levels 2 and 3.

To be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home