Saturday, January 08, 2005

Went back to NHSS today on NHSS' CCA Extravanganza day to collect my EAGLES cheque and also to visit the ELDDS, or rather the EDC (English Drama Club) as someone informed me a few days ago. The ELDDS has split up into the drama and debate parts, and the EDC is now headed by Ms Ong and Ms J.

I went to the General Office the moment I entered the school compound and found nobody in it, so I headed up to the Drama Studio on Level 4. Sze Teng had told me last December that they had refurnished the Drama Studio to make it look less like a classroom, and as I entered the room and looked around, I must say it was a successful makeover. They have bought parquet floor print paper for the floor, white cushions (one for every EDC member) and clipboards (also one for every EDC member) pasted onto the walls of the room. The motto of the EDC, Passion @ Play, is also emblazoned clearly across the wall above the whiteboard.

I received quite a warm welcome from my 'children'. The presentation format was the same as last year's CCA Extravaganza, i.e. the EDC is split up into small groups of around 4 people and each group has a play promoting drama in general. After a while Yu Lim came, her main intention being to watch the mobile display, and Kegan also showed up in the HCI *edited from 'HCJC'* PE shirt (a cool T-shirt with jersey-like material).

During a long break between classes I suddenly got the urge to dance. I showed the other EDC members ACJC's mass dances and Kegan also briefly showed HCI's *edited from 'HCJC'* (they have a total of 5 college dances and another faculty dance). In between classes both of us also taught them one of our mass dances each and some of them gamely learned some of the dances. Since Yu Lim, another Terazul member, also turned up we could show them the Superstar dance.

After all the classes had passed through the Drama Studio the static display was officially over. I left the room and was about to go to the General Office again to see if the admin staff were around when I spotted some other 4o1ers sitting at the bench outside the staff room with Ms Ang: Yan Chen, Juliet, Tania and Yen Nee (the latter two shouted "AC!" when they saw me). We talked a bit before moving to watch the Dance Society's performance in the mobile display in the parade square.

After the performance we went into the HOD Room where Mr. Pandian's new table was and chatted. He also shared some photos of himself when he was in ACJC. After spending time in the HOD Room Yan Chen and Juliet went off while the remaining three of us saw Mr. Lam outside the General Office (the admin staff weren't around in the office) and chatted with him too. After that we went home, chatting about AC stuff while walking out to the bus stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home