Friday, February 18, 2005

Mr. Chan took half an hour yesterday to finish marking our Physics CA Test. Thankfully I got 22/25, much better than the miserable 5/20 the previous time. The highest was Andy, getting 24/25.

For double-period PE lessons for the rest of the term, our class would be doing swimming. We had our first swimming lesson today and the first thing we did after the teacher's briefing was categorisation of students from two classes (1SA1 and 1SC8 I think) into three categories (I suppose you know which three). Those who knew how to swim had to swim the width of the pool two times, first in breaststroke and then front crawl. I did okay for my breast stroke, but I didn't know what I did with the front crawl that caused me to end up in the Advanced category, since I haven't been swimming front crawl in the past 4 years. Whatever it was, both Intermediate and Advanced students learned about water awareness today as we were made to fall like a log (i.e. vertical and straight) into the water from four directions.

I stayed back after school today to watch Night of Laughter, a combined production by ACSian Theatre and ACS (International). A total of 6 short comedy skits (2 from ACS International and the others from ACSian Theatre) were put up, hence Night of Laughter. For me, the funniest skit among the lot was the conversation between a baseball coach and somebody. "Who's on first, what's on second and I don't know the third." That's right, this is a statement, not a question. From this line from the baseball coach, a comedy-packed conversation started between the two gals which caused the whole LT to laugh out loud. I don't think any of the other skits received this much support. (There is a Night of Laughter II in the second half of the year.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home