Sunday, May 29, 2005

I skipped to today because, seriously, the past few weeks have been Camelot and more Camelot, so much so that it would have really been a waste of space to click on the link of my blog and see 'Camelot rehearsal' repeated 5 times on the first page.

Let's see what had happened since the last time I posted:

20 May: Mrs. C has given us the blue slip (exemption from school) from today till next Friday, knowing how tired we would be after every performance. Went back to school today, however, to help move some stuff from the Cage (ACSian Theatre's prop place) to ACS (I). After that hung around in school to collect the PI submissions from my class. In the evening I went to the University Cultural Centre to watch NHSS' Cultural Potpourri concert Part 1. This year the concert is spread over two nights. Tonight's show was the Western show, while tomorrow's will be the Chinese. Since the English Drama Club was performing tonight, and tonight's the only night I'm free, I came tonight. I must say the EDC has improved tremendously, and I got good comments about the EDC from my friends. I'm so proud of them.

23 May - 28th May: Camelot intensive week. We have full dress runs on Monday and Tuesday night, and the performances went on Wednesday through Saturday. Our best selling show was Friday night, followed by Thursday night. The audiences for both shows on Saturday were small, but much more appreciative (we were all a little puzzled when the crowd for Wednesday night, made up of mainly ACJC students, burst out laughing after Arthur's line to Lancelot: "What a blow!"). Our best night technically was Saturday night (Gala Night) of course, especially since it's our closing show and the Guest-of-Honour was Minister for Defence Teo Chee Hean.

The whole Camelot experience has been excellent. I can't wait for A Christmas Carol...Oh well, it's back to normal life and lots more mugging for the Term Exam...

"...Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment that was known
as Camelot..."
- Camelot (reprise)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home