Saturday, July 16, 2005

NOMAD Carnival & NDP Parade@Padang 2005: NE Show 2

1) Launch of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Before going anywhere I headed to Westmall at 8.30am to buy the latest book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The Popular there was almost like a deserted area; only a few souls were around. I tried to buy the book with the gift vouchers I got at the Nan Hua Speech Day, but the lady at the counter explained that since the book was already at a discounted price ($40.59), I couldn't use my vouchers. So I decided to get it another day.

2) NOMAD Mega Carnival
After that, I headed to Anglo-Chinese School (Junior) for the NOMAD Mega Carnival, since I received an SMS a few days ago saying that as a committee member of ACSian Theatre, I was supposed to be around. A few members of ACSian Theatre are performing mimes for the kids there.

When I reached the school I spent quite a bit of time trying to find the people. When I eventually found them in a holding room for one of the performing classes for the Dramathon, Yi Jun (holding the position for Publicity I/C) was entertaining a few boys with card tricks. Around him were Sharm, Jill and Yarong. The moment I came in, they offered to spray my hair. I was a little reluctant, but it was all in good fun. At the end of the process I had hair with red and a tint of gold.

After also spray-painting Yi Jun's hair (he now has purple with streaks of silver), we walked around the campus making quite a bit of noise with our instruments. We were waiting for the other mime performers to come, since they were having an Economics lecture in school. They arrived at 11 plus. Shortly after I left at 12nn, had lunch at the nearby Newton Food Centre and travelled by MRT further down into the CBD.

3) NDP Parade@Padang 05: NE Show 2
I reached City Hall at around 1 plus, ahead of my reporting time. My duty today was with Mr. Henry Tan, and we'd be at the command post (wherever that was, I thought at that time). Both of us headed down to the Command Centre, which was actually behind the Green sector in a container. Our job was mainly to keep track of the arrival, seating and dispersal of the schools coming in. Mr. Tan would get the info through his walkie-talkie and handphone, and I would record the time. Again, our duties only revolved around arrival and dispersal, so we were free to go around during the Show segment. We finished our work at about 10.30pm when the last schools departed on reserve SBS buses. All the while I had my NDP05 cap on. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home