Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Okay, a few stuff today, so needa do it one by one:

1) More results
We got back our Physics paper during the recess break and I got 61/75 (A). We also checked Section B for our Chemistry paper and I had 27.5/30, which meant I only need 28.5 points more from Section A and C combined to get an A. And for NAPFA...well, at least D for 5 of the test items and F for pull-ups (couldn't do any).

2) Briefing for NDP Ushering
Before recess this morning, I saw my name on the list of students chosen to be NDP ushers for the NE Shows of the NDP05. So I got to skip the Security Seminar this afternoon in school (which all J1s had to attend) and hopped onto the bus to City Hall for the briefing. On arrival at the briefing hall, I was called out by a lady, Charis, and she immediately made me the I/C for the ACJC contingent of ushers and a sort-of assistant to Mr. Raja, overall I/C for ushering. I was kinda shocked; my name was only on the top of the list and I got this important role.

The briefing lasted till around 4pm, with a whole lot of stuff covered. Our ushering duties are only for the 3 shows over the coming Saturdays where primary school children will be attending. I personally felt that this is the extreme of organising events; it was nothing like what I've done in NHSS. This is a nationwide stuff, with 178 mainstream primary schools (quoted from the briefing handout) involved. It's a feat to be able to organise all these stuff, and also a lot of things to remember since I'm now sort of Mr. Raja's right-hand man and may have to answer walkie-talkie queries. I'll probably come earlier on Saturday morning (before the reporting time of 1pm) to tour the area and make sure I know them.

3) Drama audition
After the briefing ended at 4pm, the different groups of ushers congregated and some went out to tour the areas they were handling. Since I've lost Mr. Raja, I wasn't exactly needed there anymore. Remembering that drama auditions for ACSian Theatre's upcoming productions start at 5pm, I quickly headed back to ACJC via MRT (at the same time also walking the route taken by students taking the MRT to City Hall MRT station) and arrived with about 10 minutes to spare.

According to Mrs. Creffield, our next two productions are the Night of Laughter 2 and a performance for some event at the Arts House towards end-August. From her description, it sounded like a great production and a totally different genre from Camelot. Our audition scripts are really the first few minutes of the play. We separated into 4 groups and my group went last. I probably flopped my chance again, but then again, results will only be out tomorrow.

4) Olympics 2012 Hosting City announcement
I got home just in time to switch channels to Channel NewsAsia to hear the President of the International Olympic Committee make the announcement of the winning host city for the Olympics 2012. Ah, London. I personally don't have a preference between Paris and London, but I probably felt slight pity for Paris, who lost again. Oh well, keep trying Paris! You'll get it! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home