Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Went bowling today. The original picture was Joon Kiat, Ho Yuen and I meeting at 11am at Jurong East MRT Station to go bowling at Cathay Bowl @ The Chevrons. When Joon Kiat and I met, Ho Yuen told JK he could only make it at 1pm, so the both of us decided to shift it back to 1pm, and thanks to this change in time, Wern Jian could join us in bowling too.

However, it was 1.20pm already and Joon Kiat, Wern Jian and I were still waiting for an uncontactable Ho Yuen. Hence the new picture became the three of us going to the same place to bowl. When we got there, we settled for one game each first because the lady at the counter had told us that there was going to be a bowling camp held here later, and the lane which we were playing in may be booked. After this round, we went back to the counter to check if our lane was booked, and thankfully it was not, so we played two more games each, making a total of 3 rounds of game.

The children came into the bowling centre in the middle of our second round. They were here for the second day of their three-day "Learn-to-Bowl" camp, conducted by some Team Singapore bowlers (sorry, no Remy Ong or Andrew Fang). While watching the little kids get their position for the release of the ball, I felt like I've been doing it wrong for years. But who cares? I'm playing it for my own leisure, not represent Singapore in bowling competitions.

When our three rounds were over, Wern Jian played the highest score of 160 in the first round (he scored a turkey in his first three frames!), while I won the next two rounds with 150 (my personal best) and 111 respectively. After bowling, I was still itching for fun, so we headed down to the arcade. We played a little of Bishi Bashi, Wern Jian played Time Crisis II, I played Dance Dance Revolution with disastrous results, but in the end both Wern Jian and I played Para Para Paradise the most. :) I spent $1.50 playing Para Para, but it was okay; even Wern Jian said this arcade had the cheapest arcade games. We headed home at about 5 plus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home