Saturday, December 17, 2005

Gwen's parents had booked a Karaoke Lounge at Keppel Club (near HarbourFront) and Gwen had asked the Dance and Drama people to come and have fun. After a seemingly long walk from the bus stop at the main road, I finally arrived at the Keppel Club. Gwen led me up to the Karaoke Lounge, where the only people around were Gwen's father, Gwen's younger brother (er...?) and Abiel, a Dance guy. They were playing pool when I came, and nobody was singing the karaoke. Soon after I arrived, Yu Wei and Judith came.

I was the first to actually sing on the karaoke with Yu Wei. We were trying in vain to hit the high notes in Jay Chou's songs when more people started to arrive. The real singing began when the bulk of the drama people came. (Actually, looking back, there was an equal proportion of drama and dance people. :)) Viknesh, Ethel and later Yi Jun were the best singers that night, with Gwen coming in a close second. Drama president Suraj also jumped in on the Michael Jackson songs; beatboxing wonders came in the form of Deo and Yi Jun mainly. The people on the karaoke were even kind enough to slip in a Chinese song (The Girl Next Door Looking Over Here), but then again, that's because they wanted me to sing as well.

Once again the same dilemma I've had at the "A Christmas Carol" PPP surfaced again here. I was having so much fun and I didn't really want to leave, but then I had to catch a bus home, and Mum doesn't exactly fancy me going to karaoke lounges (she's convinced by drama serial portrayals of karaoke lounges). The bulk of us eventually left at about 11.40pm. Yu Wei (who recently moved house) and I initially planned to take 963 home, but after waiting till 12.10am, we figured the last bus had probably gone, so we took 61 instead, with Yu Wei taking a taxi at Bukit Batok Interchange back home.

Note: When I later checked the bus guide online, it said that the last bus for 963 leaves from HarbourFront Bus Terminal at 11.30pm. So, yea, we did miss the last bus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home