Saturday, March 03, 2007

February Update

3/2/07 - 4/2/07
Second book-out. This time I didn't really have much free time to myself. Had to settle quite a lot of stuff: getting a new pair of glasses, getting stuff for the upcoming field camp, and starting afresh with my 5-year-old computer, which has just gotten a new hard drive, since the old hard drive got damaged sometime this past week.

5/2/07
The actual PSC interview, 2.25pm at the Conference Room at National Library. The panel of interviewers did seem a little intimidating, but the interview was surprisingly short and I wasn't asked any current affairs questions. I did have the feeling that I bungled the interview somehow.

11/2/07 - 16/2/07
Field camp. 100% tough. Thankfully we got to book out on Friday night.

17/2/07 - 20/2/07
An extremely long CNY break for us. It was also on Saturday that I found out that I got rejected by PSC. Oh well.

21/2/07 - 23/2/07
Situational test (Sitest). I think it's alright to let on that this test will be administered for leadership batches, and the results will affect one's eligibility for command school. It was twice as tough as field camp, but fortunately our team worked well together.

24/2/07
Next book-out. There was a 4o104 BBQ reunion tonight at Ms Wassan's condo, and the turnout was great - at least half the class showed up. The last people left at about 11pm. Also, some sources have claimed that A Level results will be out next Friday.

26/2/07
Instead of booking in on Sunday, Ulysses booked in this morning with a visit to the Singapore Discovery Centre. I, however, had a medical appointment at Changi General Hospital at roughly the same time as their visit. This is for the nosebleed that I had some time back after one of the strength training sessions. After a long wait and a probe up my nose, the doctor identified the problem as 'thin skin' and applied some chemicals to 'burn away' the blood vessels in the nostril which were very close to the surface. I managed to reach the SAF Ferry Terminal just as the rest of the platoon was going through the security gate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home